I used to blog. I had a pretty solid run on tumblr that started about a decade ago. Years after I stopped posting, the blog seemed to just disappear and has since been replaced with whatever is now on (http://alexwhines.tumblr.com). I was briefly distraught that I lost my archive but got over it. Months later, I discovered that the blog had survived; it had merely been moved to (http://alexwhines-blog.tumblr.com).
The url change has made navigating the site difficult, but I scraped the post containing my greatest hits and fixed the url in the links below. For your reading pleasure:
Some of my better posts
- A multi-part analysis of Jeopardy! questions and answers, featuring some fun visualization (1,2,3,4)
- Swear words in Scrabble
- I play a lot of Boggle
- Arbitrage at the boardwalk arcade
- Pitchfork versus Metacritic, a quantitative analysis, and some more on the Metacritic data.
- A dialogue in song titles
- What’s the Scenario?
- I also used to maintain a tumblr about Songs from Treme
- One step of the Hokey Pokey is ‘do the Hokey Pokey‘
- Fish fish fish.
- My idea for a TV show about 30 Rock and Studio 60
- If someone was reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in the fictional universe of the movie Groundhog Day
- The hole in the Candy Bar Venn Diagram
- Diagrams of Scotch eggs and Snickers ice cream cones
- A guide for price-conscious people who want to buy chicken wings at the intersection of 7th St. and Q St. NW
- Tale of the Tape: E.L. Fudge and Double Stuffed E.L. Fudge
- Moonfish moon fish.
- Why improbably is interesting.
- Example sentences I have produced in school
- Buffalo people buffalo people.
- Hotspots/Potshots, Sleepover/Oversleep, etc.
- Just a photograph of me eating cheese puffs
Back in 2019: In addition to all the the fun posts above that I am 100% not ashamed of, my old blog did contain some missteps. Sorry for the bad opinions and shoddy work!